1964 evinrude starlite 90s lower unit diagrams

I am having trouble with the lower unit on my evinrude starflite 90 s does anyone have a diagram of the internal parts, or a list of common parts that would cause the unit to sieze up on me. Please help

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1964 evinrude starlite 90s lower unit diagrams

go to "http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?brands=ej&lang=E" (Without the quotation marks) Follow the prompts to Evinrude 1968 85hp model 85892A and you will find a parts list that is the same basic lower unit as yours. Might be some minor differences.

Sieze up??? Water in the oil? Or no oil? Both are bad, very bad.

I don't know there was no fluids in the lower unit when I got It, the boat had been sitting for years, although I got the engine to start after removing the siezed up lower unit. I am wondering if the clutches in the gears are both enganged, maybe its a wiring problem I dunno, thanks for the help on the diagrams. If you have any other input I would be glad to hear it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Sounds bad. Very bad. (Now where have I heard that before?) I predict a rusted together everything in there.

Dave_A

Seaman Apprentice

Check your other thread...

I have something you may be interested in...

P.S. If it's a wiring problem, pulling the lower & disconnecting the wires will 'fix' that... The transmission in this unit is in neutral when there is no current to either wire. In neutral you should be able to rotate the prop by hand, but the driveshaft should have some resistance (due to the water pump, among other things)....