1963 razorback ski boat

terry2626

Seaman
I was told that i could get my grandfathers 1963 razorback ski boat. Something i can just to goof off in and take the kids out on the lake. (plus it is free)Also something to spend some time on and clean up. Both my grandfather and dad have told me that it is not worth the time and effort to even mess with this boat. But to me i think that it will. I mean after all it was my grandfathers boat. that he bought new in 63. I have done some searching on the net about the razorback boats(other than one site) i have not found anything on them, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1963 razorback ski boat

I remember the name but that's all. Main thing is it sound. Rotten wood and fractured "chop gun" fiberglas would be my main concerns. Razorback, like in Arkansas Razorbacks college football. Must have been an Arkansas manufacturer.<br /><br />But I have seen some gorgeous restorations done by people who know what to do, how to do it, take the time to do it, have the money, and tools.<br /><br />Good luck,<br /><br />Mark

terry2626

Seaman

yes that is the one website that i have found on this boat. thanks.

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What model is it? Does it still have the windshield?

terry2626

Seaman

I am not sure what model it is. I am hoping to pick it up next weekend from my grandfathers house. Yes it still has the windshield. Everything except the seat covers came with the boat. My dad had to have them redone when he got it.