1963 Funliner 17'

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone!

I first logged on in August of 07 (IBoats). I made several posts for about a year then began my restoration. Well, I just wanted to get in the water first. I finally made it Last weekend!!!

We went on the Sassafrass River In Md. jsut south of the C & D Canal. It has been a blast. We're goona make a few more trips then I get to begin working on it earnest again. in small bites.

I fyou search my member name you will find a couple of original pictures the day I got it. After I figure out how to insert pictures I'l dom so for Everyones enjoyment.

Scott... I do have a question of construction... How was the Funliner made? I don't need the step by step but a general idea so I can begin without drilling into the water side! I have read and been told this model/year is an inner F/G cast and an Outer F/G cast with ribs of F/G and air space in between the hulls??? Do you guys have any PDF documnets or other information on the construction? Also, I am missing two aluminum corners where the gunwhales meet the transom. are these parts available?

Hmmm maybe you could list what parts you ahve for the Funliner, if it's easier?

Thanks for your support of us oldie, but goodie boaters!

Scott Marshall

ziggy

Admiral
Re: 1963 Funliner 17'

I finally made it Last weekend!!!
yeah! congrats even. sounds like yer getting on to the fun part now. using it... way to go.
yep, small steps is the way to go. only way really. i know i've taken small steps. gotta find out what i need or want to fix prior to getting ontoit.

as for the photos. photobucket has worked real well for me.

as for the construction. there's a couple of fiberglass boat brochures over on the aristocraft web site that had blow up pics of the construction of yer boat. ya may have seen them as it looks like ya got a pretty good idea of it's construction. while i don't know the drawbacks of the ribs of fiberglass between the inner and outer hull. it has always looked like a good idea to me. maybe even better than the nineteen. ya got no wood stringer, and no foam to get wet. just seemed like a good idea to me.

get yer photobucket account and post up more pics.... love them pics..

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the confidence builder.

You are right, we just want to go out all the time now. But I gotta hold back till she's right (or atleast I get more time). I'll look into photobucket and I heard share a project is another.

I did see the ARISTOCRAFT WEBSITE but looking for more reallife experiences too guide my decision making.

It's a hoot and we're gonna enjoy it as long as we can!!!

ziggy

Admiral

we just want to go out all the time now
yep, i know what ya mean.... :D
gf didn't wanna go last sat. night so had to go by myself... she sure missed out on a great night that night... windy, whitecaps and got stormed (rained) on... bummer for her... ;)

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi again,
Been out playing. Well , not in the water (to many other distractions for the time being), but been going over my next priority of repair etc. Does anyone have information on the serial numbers of a Funliner? I found a number on the transom just above the drain hole (it is D525) is that a Hull number, template number for the inner hull mold. When it stop raining and on the next yellow flag (yeah I'm watching the race at Dover) I'll get a photo and post it. Also did Aristocraft utilize the now common hull number on early 60's boats? cause I see no evidence of a plate on the transom and I have searched under the dash to no avail. How about a capacity plate? I want to be sure the boat is legal when I have 6 people 4 seats and 2 coolers.

I have read some ads posted on the ARISTOCRAFT web site so I'm sure I am well within the HP rating (I have a 60hp Gale Sovereign) and load but if some one (C.G.) says prove it, how can I?

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Anyone know of a bone yard that might have some Aristocraft parts, or any outlets for old F/G Aristocraft parts?

I'd like to find original bow light, windshield, decals, paint schemes, dash parts etc.etc.

Thanks, Scott

ziggy

Admiral

while i've never contacted this fella, here's a link that may interest ya. http://www.cheapoldboats.com/inventory.html
i'm near sure i've seen an aristocraft pic in there before. gone now, but he may be able to help. if it's real, i've no idea..