1961 Evinrude Lower Unit

Hey all,

I bought a used boat with a 1961 evinrude 75HP outboard and come to find out the lower unit is shot. Metal fragments fell out when I took it apart. So, what am I looking at for my options/costs? Can I even find the lower unit for a 1961 75HP Evinrude? The boat was only 700.00 to begin with. Is it even worth it? Any help is appreciated.

Torin

ubie1967

Recruit
Re: 1961 Evinrude Lower Unit

Hey all,

I bought a used boat with a 1961 evinrude 75HP outboard and come to find out the lower unit is shot. Metal fragments fell out when I took it apart. So, what am I looking at for my options/costs? Can I even find the lower unit for a 1961 75HP Evinrude? The boat was only 700.00 to begin with. Is it even worth it? Any help is appreciated.

Torin

I saw your ad as to whether to keep or trash your motor after finding the gears are shot. I have what appears to be the same motor and I am in need of the lower outer casing because the fin broke off almost clean with the casing and there is no way to attach a new fin. I was wondering what you had decided to do with your motor. I am in hopes we might strike a deal for the part I need if you decided to part it out. Where are you located? Also, if you had more responses to your ad for parts can you maybe give me some contacts to find the part I need. Any help is appreciated. Contact me through email please at tsingley8@aol.com Thanks