19'6 chris craft

tji guy

Recruit
bought a 19 6 chris craft last fall 165 hp 4 clndr rblt the floor am 8k into it it runs and cruises great but should i flip it while alls good

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 19'6 chris craft

Boat topic.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The only way you will get value out of it is to use it for a season. Your choice.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by tji guy:<br /> bought a 19 6 chris craft last fall 165 hp 4 clndr rblt the floor am 8k into it it runs and cruises great but should i flip it while alls good
Depends on how good a job you did! ;)

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got any pics? I love the old CC's.<br /><br />Every once and a while there's one on Ebay. A guy in California just sold one similar to your size in exc. condition for just under $17,000. <br /><br />A CC a tad smaller than yours that was only frame boards, engine and a few drive parts on a flat trailer started at $3500, and ended up going for $10,500. Must have had all or most of the original parts because I couldn't believe the price it brought. Didn't even have a single side board on it :eek: . <br /><br />Then I saw a barrel stern on there for $75,000. That was a Sharp boat!!! Didn't get any bids tho'. <br /><br />Just guessing from what I've seen and not knowing the condition of your boat, you are anywhere from the mid teens to the mid 20's for value. Maybe higher if it is in perfect condition and has mostly original equipment.<br /><br />Jeff

flashback

Captain

tji, how old is the boat?? is it glass or wood? I saw a 56-57 not too long ago, plywood with stripped deck for about 7500.00, had a 283 chevy in it and needed some tlc but the bones were good...as far as selling it. heck it will just appriciate in value if you keep it up. The ones from the 20s, 30s, and 40s, bring more tho...guess it's cause they are not plywood...good luck with your "antique"

Chris_Crafter

Seaman Apprentice

A little more info would be nice.<br />A photo would be great.<br /><br />Kevin