1959 Evinrude Lark 35d

Krhodes3905

Recruit
Hello all!

I have a 1956 MFG Cambridge with a Lark 35. Runs and works great! But today, we shallowed on in a channel, tried to reverse, and quickly shut it off and pushed her back out.

After that, the throttle remote (evinrude simplex) will only go half way AND while i can shift forward, neutral, and reverse, the throttle handle will only go halfway up (about halfway). When moving, the rpmsnseem high for how fast websre going. Cables seem fine. The slow/start/fast levesr ON the engine wont go to slow but goes to start and fast.

Any greatly appreciated

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
I can’t quite understand your symptoms or your attempts to fix.

Did the motor go aground (stall), or did you ground just the hull. Did you detach the cables at the motor, then check whether the motor controls worked?

Krhodes3905

Recruit
Thanks and sorry for confusion. We didnt run aground hard. Just noticed it was shallow and spinning weeds and dirt. Engine did not stall, i turned it off.

I took the throttle cable off and the engine side throttle where the cable connects seems fine. However, the control on the motor that says “slow/start/fast” only moves from start to fast, not all the way back to slow. Maybe that is normal? I don’t know. I understand that you can’t go past high idle without it being in forward gear. But even in forward gear, I am unable to push the remote throttle level past halfway

F_R

Supreme Mariner
There is a knob on the front of the remote control that limits how far it will go toward "Slow". It is for setting idle speed.

There is a flat vertical interlock bar on the side of the powerhead that prevents advancing the throttle in neutral or reverse. You might want to check that for correct operation.