1957 Firestone 3.6 hp (Scott-Atwater) Restoration

dcmille290

Recruit
Well, this has been a long time in the making. I was gifted a non-running outboard from my grandfather at least 35 years ago. It appeared completely original and hadn't run in decades. Its been moved cross country several times, even been in a shop for over a year only to return home not running.
I had decided to sell the outboard, thinking I'll never get around to doing anything with it and when I photographed the ID plate and checked the info online, I found out it was made the same year I was born. Not selling it now, going to figure out what's wrong with it, maybe.
20 minutes later I fixed the no spark issue and now it's time to restore it.
Started in early August of 2021, and it was just finished. No, I haven't started it yet. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a try.
I had to design and create and my own graphics so they may not be exact, but as close as I could get, along with matching the original marine paint color.
Hope you like it. Had fun bringing it back to life.

restore1.jpg restore3.jpg restore5.jpg restore4.jpg
restore6.jpgrestore7.jpg

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This is the one I did and got it to run. Alot of hard work as you know and I love it. Yours turned out Amazing as well. Gave me goose bumps to see yours. Fantastic job

Attachments

• 0428161600a (3).jpg
    0428161600a (3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I had to red coat the inside of the tank because of the rust but it did the job.

dcmille290

Recruit
This is the one I did and got it to run. Alot of hard work as you know and I love it. Yours turned out Amazing as well. Gave me goose bumps to see yours. Fantastic job
Looks really great, amazing how great these outboards look when restored.