1955 johnson 5.5 hp seahorse

zboot69

Cadet
i just picked up a 1955 Johnson 5.5 hp seahorse for my Feathercraft boat and would like to restore the motor back to good condition. does anyone know where you can get vintage johnson paint and decals. ive been able to find all the gaskets and everything else for it on websites but if im replacing any of those id like it to look nice too.

connpainter52

Recruit
Re: 1955 johnson 5.5 hp seahorse

i have the same motor and it is in as good condition as it came from factory but i am trying to get answer to gas tank with two lines can i go to one or where can i get a new tank?

jgriner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have the same motor and it is in as good condition as it came from factory but i am trying to get answer to gas tank with two lines can i go to one or where can i get a new tank?

im not an expert and have never seen what u are talking about, but if im picturing it right sounds like you have a pressurized gas tank, 1 for pressuring the tank and 1 for gas, their is a linky somewhere on how to add a normal fuel pump, getting rid of the pressurized tank

edit

see if this helps, if not try creating your own tread it will help get your ? answered http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=433683

also i just read a post someone was asking about the tanks and the guy stated its cheaper to repair the pressurized system, than upgrading. and ill bet if u look hard enough u will be able to find (new/new to u) non rusty tanks, see ebay.......... as a matter of fact, by boat came with one and it wont even work with my motor, the tank is in my back yard, humm need to check it out maybe in good shape

Ohio2012

Recruit

There are always pressurized tanks for this motor floating around on ebay. I doubt you are going to be able to find a brand new one however.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

LOL another old thread. :D:D Good to see TD here