1952 Fleetwin Impeller ? for Chinewalker

Fester

Seaman
I have a question regarding sanding down the 18-3001 impeller for the 1952 7.5 Fleetwin. I see that it has a solid brass bushing in the middle and wanted to know if there will be a need to sand that down as well or if I will be able to get it thin enough to fit without touching it. Alo, how fragile is the impeller? I want to make sure that I do not damage it while putting on the belt sander. I saw that you did the same thing and figured you were a good source. If anyone else has info that would help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1952 Fleetwin Impeller ? for Chinewalker

I'm sure Scott will be glad to help but in the meantime you could post over at www.aomci.org iI'm sure someone there can help.

Fester

Seaman

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I have great respect for Scott/Chinewalker, he knows what he is talking about. But as I visualize the impellers in my mind (getting old and not very reliable), I see them as considerably different in thickness. I'd say it is going to take great skill and patience to grind one down and have it work when you get done.

wbeaton

Commander

I know folks do grind the impeller down for that model. I've never done it, but its imperative that it be ground evenly. Good luck.

Fester

Seaman

Thanks! I am hoping that there is no need to also grind down the brass bushing on it but if I have too I have too......