18rabbit, national ID

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
hello<br /> I have been trying to follow the case in the courts now about the debate on whether or not you should have to show ID. its been my observation that some cops like to throw their assumed weight about. some I have delt with are jack booted nazis thugs. most, thank God, are good folks. but I dont think they should have the right to randomly check ID's.<br /> they also should not have the right to walk up to a house and search. its different if an active crime were taking place. its going to be an interesting debate.<br /> the homeland security bill scares the hail outta me. its way to vague and poorly written with no action to redress any that are wrongfully accused and detained. under the current bill anyone any where at any time can be detained for anyreason for any length of time and no one can do anything cause it is a "national" security issue.<br />way to much secrecy<br /> good luck and keep posting

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: 18rabbit, national ID

Hello Rodbolt.<br />I believe you have good reason to be worried.<br />I remember some of the scary things that were done to people during the Mcarthy era communists witch hunts.<br />It is not that the intentions of the law makers are bad(I hope).It is mostly that,when a sudden new situation calls for urgent measures,these measures can deteriate into political power games by people who are not neccesarily gifted enough to use their new powers wisely.(wow... talking about choosing my words carefully.)<br />About policemen. Although your comparison helped me in figuring out what sort of policeman you describe,I really think that the american cop is a long way removed from being a nazi.That term is just too terrible to stick on even the least gifted policemen around here.

WoodRust

Seaman

rodbolt<br /><br />1) Don't use the term "jack booted nazis thugs" unless you can prove that your past family were subjected to the originals. You have no idea what the 'term' really means!<br /><br />2) National ID will never work! Why? Because 5 minutes after 'they' make the 1st one 'the criminals' will be making fakes!<br /><br />(Rant)<br /><br />3) So what's the answer? - welcome to '666'!!! What's that? Is it a number branded/tattoed on you!<br /><br />No! It's a small bio-medical computer chip containing everything about you placed in your forehead or right hand (your choice). No need for cash, no need for credit cards. No worries about losing or forgetting your wallet or purse.<br /><br />Just go to Walmart and ...stick your head in the scanner please! <br /><br />For those of you who think this is crap-'They' are already doing test trials of this technology (limited-forearm & personal info only) in Florida, 7 families and have been since before Sept 11, 2001

18rabbit

Captain

Rodbolt – I know exactly what you meant and the context you meant it in. You are not out of line.