150 Xp changing from vro to straight fuel pump

SGV

Cadet
I am changing the vro on my 150 Xp evenrude 1988 and on the fuel lines going to carbs there are 2 lines one is very small and the other looks to be fuel line what do I need to do with the small lines and are they for supplying the oil when using the vro system thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Stop.----The wee lines that go into the top of carburetors are for the electric primer valve and have nothing to do with oiling.----No need to touch those small lines or the other wee hoses for the oil recirculation system.-----The oil was mixed with the gas inside the VRO pump.------What pump or pumps are you planning to install ?----Using 2 pumps as found on 1983 model V-6 motors

Last edited:

SGV

Cadet
Stop.----The wee lines that go into the top of carburetors are for the electric primer valve and have nothing to do with oiling.----No need to touch those small lines or the other wee hoses for the oil recirculation system.-----The oil was mixed with the gas inside the VRO pump.------What pump or pumps are you planning to install ?----Using 2 pumps as found on 1983 model V-6 motors
Putting on the double pump I ordered. On the left side of the motor where the vro was located there is a hard tube about 8 in. Long with fuel lines that feeds the carbs and these smaller lines I guess I need to hook them up also then ,thanks foe the feed back the person who had the boat before me cut most everything loose trying to convert the fuel I guess anyway maybe I’ll get it back together. What should the compression be on this old of an engine 1988 150 Xp .and what is the latest I can deal with? I have
80/82 on all cylinders

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You should be reading about 120 PSI.----Do not spend a single beer token until you have checked condition of pistons and rings !!