15 years together

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary. In some ways it seems like just yesterday, other days it feels like FOREVER!<br />There we were 15 years ago, 2 dumb kids getting married. The rumor mill claimed we had to and were pregnant. 10 years later and many infertility treatments later we had 3 wonderful kids, so I guess we showed them!<br />Everyone said we wouldn't last 5 years, I guess we showed them too. <br />It has been a hard 15 years at times, but well worth it. <br />We are a million miles from where we were then, but we traveled the road together, side by side. There have been a lot of hardships with the easy times, but we have weathered them together. <br />From the first time I saw her back in high school I knew she was the one for me, and of course I was right. We got married right after she graduated and now here we are, more in love than ever (most days).<br />Here we go into another 15.

dieselram

Cadet
Re: 15 years together

Congrats! My wife and I celebrated 13yrs in June.<br />We've been together 15 though. Yep, when people ask how long we've been married, I tell them 13 yrs... 8 happily. :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Cool!! Great post.<br /><br />We will celebrate our 20th this November and we're still kickin' :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's wonderful! Happy Anniversary!<br />Bassy

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Congratulations and many more to come!!

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

I can tell you from my own personal experience it's the next 15 years of marriage that really suck the life out of you.<br /><br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br /><br />Just kidding. :D :D :D :p <br /><br />And my mother, long ago gone from us, swore it wouldn't last. Guess it really will be "till death we do part". Who would have thought?<br /><br />Congratulations on your first 15 years of marriage. It's so unusual it seems these days.

KRS

Banned

She put up with you this long, chances are she's too comfortable to start looking elsewhere now, Congrats !!! :) :p :) :p

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

That is great news DD.<br /><br />Wife and I just had our 24th.Where did the time go????

crab bait

Captain

HEY,, there's two side to a story..<br /><br />i would like to hear her side..!! :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Much congrats DD!!! Herself and I celebarated our 33rd year together on the 17th. God bless her for putting up with my stuff that long.<br /><br />Hope you and the miss' have many many more.. :)

KaGee

Admiral

Congats DD.... your wife deserves the Medal of Honor for that one.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Yeah to all of the above, congrats DD! :) (would love to hear ya answer crab bait :D :D )

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Her version is posted on some parenting message board at inciid.com or something like that. It is a lot better than mine. <br />The secret is keeping her bluffed for this many years. It can't be my money, or all my cool stuff....

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

44 Years this Saturday... Perhaps we can do at least another 22...<br />Bill...