135 Evinrude (1973) TRIM TROUBLE

I had to dissasemble the throttle/control box to remove the ignition switch and take it to the locksmith to have a key made (lost the key). When it came time to put it all back together, I realized I should have written down where all the wires attached on the back of the switch. I tried several different combinations until blowing out the 20 amp fuse at the engine and then came to iboats and was lucky enough to find someone helpful enough to get me a wiring diagram. The ingition switch is now reinstalled and control box reassembled and the blown fuse replaced. The motor starts and runs fine now. The problem is that now the trim doesnt work at all as if no power is getting to the trim motor even though it worked perfectly before the wiring troulbe with the ignition switch. Does anyone know if perhaps there is another fuse that controls the trim and may have also blown when I tried to start it with the incorrect wiring on the ignition switch? Or is this trim problem totoally independent of everything else? How do I find out why the trim is not getting power?
Thanks,
Josh

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: 135 Evinrude (1973) TRIM TROUBLE

There is no reason that a fuse could not have been placed in your wiring for the tilt and trim. The wiring should be in a separate harness leading from your switch to the PT&T control box. Do you have a tilt switch on the arm of the control?

Do you have a wiring diagram for the T&T?

Re: 135 Evinrude (1973) TRIM TROUBLE

Also, there doesnt seem to be an in-line fuse in the wiring from what I can see.