130c seawater pump leaking

Jccourso

Cadet
I have seen some threads on this issue but for the life of me I can’t find them. I have water in my oil. The engine is freshly rebuilt. From some of the conversations, I remember discussion around the seawater pump inner gasket leaking into the engine. Has anyone had experience with the rebuild kit? That’s the most inexpensive avenue for me but I want to make sure I get it right. Experiences and suggestions are appreciated.

kenny nunez

Captain
The kit is a piece of cake to install. Try to post a picture of the pump or how many blades are on the impeller and how many screws hold the cover to the main body. There are at least 2 types Volvo used.

Jccourso

Cadet
The kit is a piece of cake to install. Try to post a picture of the pump or how many blades are on the impeller and how many screws hold the cover to the main body. There are at least 2 types Volvo used.

Attachments

• 9D4DCCB8-62F2-4ED3-A760-50B0945B63F9.jpeg
    9D4DCCB8-62F2-4ED3-A760-50B0945B63F9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Jccourso

Cadet
Thanks Kenny. I haven’t removed it yet but this is a photo of it still in place

kenny nunez

Captain
I have been looking on Volvo parts site and your water pump is obsolete and parts from Volvo are NLA.
However the seals are common and can be matched up at any place that sells bearings. They face “back to back”. They fit with a gap on either side of the bleeder hole. The shaft and inner bore where the seals are pressed in need to be measured. The bushing that is in the cover also may be matched up or machined from brass.
Sierra Marine shows the impeller, gasket and a shaft, but you need to measure the width of the impeller. Also how the impeller is held on the shaft.

Jccourso

Cadet
I have been looking on Volvo parts site and your water pump is obsolete and parts from Volvo are NLA.
However the seals are common and can be matched up at any place that sells bearings. They face “back to back”. They fit with a gap on either side of the bleeder hole. The shaft and inner bore where the seals are pressed in need to be measured. The bushing that is in the cover also may be matched up or machined from brass.
Sierra Marine shows the impeller, gasket and a shaft, but you need to measure the width of the impeller. Also how the impeller is held on the shaft.