125 FORCE PROBLEMS

WAKERIDER

Recruit
I have a 1986 125 Force on a 18 foot bayliner capri. When I hammer it it hesitates and then takes of. It seems as though it doesn't have enough power it take about a minute to pull a 180 pound guy out of the water with one ski. Also it will not stay at a constant speed. About ready to sink boat please help!

thosch

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 125 FORCE PROBLEMS

I can see carb rebuilds here. Not difficult if you have manual and are a little mechanically inclined.

WAKERIDER

Recruit

I replaced the bottom carb last year and there was little to no change.

ewaltb

Seaman

Are either of the carbs expelling an unusual amount of gas? Force carbs have a tendency to, but is there an unusual amount?<br />Are both carbs linked and sinked properly? Both needles at same mixture level?

sony2001

Chief Petty Officer

For skiing the best is a 15 inch prop. 17 inch is OK. 19 inch is too hard on the engine. :cool:

Bry21317

Chief Petty Officer

Wakerider,<br />Here is what I had to do to my Force 125 on my 19.5 foot bayliner to make it scoot. It will now rip me out of the water (200 lbs) before I know what hit me. Where as before I would have to sit in the water and drag, till the boat got fast enough so that I could get up on the wakeboard, not anymore. I have a 17 Pitch Hustler Aluminum prop on the boat now, and love it. It holds the water like racing tires, to me at least, over the Michigan prop that I had on it. The michigan prop would cavitate and rev when taking turns, now with the huslter it stays in the water and I don't have to trim down so I can stay rolling at about 40 or so.<br /><br />Here is the link to the other post I mentioned on what all I did to make it run: http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=013682 <br /><br />Hope this helps.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Bryan Cox