12.5 ft Bris Inflatable steering & throttle options

jmechina

Recruit
12.5' Bris Inflatable along with 2021 Tohatsu 20 HP MFS20EEFTS power tilt/start
I would like to control boat with wheel and separate throttle.
Could anyone please inform me of the cheapest way to get this done if it is even possible? Thank you for any information.

jamie

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

the cheapest way is to sell what you have, buy what you want

you boat a tiller PVC SIB which is only listed as a "raft" by the manufacturer. you have to spend a lot more money to get into a console SIB with remote steering/controls.

jmechina

Recruit
I'm not sure I understand your answer. Please explain how selling my $1500 "raft" would be the cheapest route.
Thank you for your interest.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
You cant modify what you have cheaper than selling what you have, adding cash and buying what you need

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm not sure I understand your answer. Please explain how selling my $1500 "raft" would be the cheapest route.
Thank you for your interest.

This is the most inexpensive console I've found;

You still need a shorter steering cable, remote control and cables and steering link.

Your $1500 inflatable has doubled in price.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Assume you're driving while sitting on one of the lateral tubes, right ? Adding a middle center console, wheel, remote box, remote gear and throttle cables will be darn expensive. If the purpose is to drive comfy seated, have extra deck space which it's a must count with,

Aft Seatlocker.JPG

the cheapest solution going for is to install an aft seat locker, something like this one and keep tiller driving and throttling as have been doing so far. Tiller steering and throttling gives instant steering control compared to an ill dog center console response...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Boats To Go Console
I think this looks amazingly cool for what you are looking for.
Yeah but with that steering system will need a firm seat that doesn't rock to sit on and drive comfy, will tire your back on long water trips. Anyway will need to install the appropriate remote cables length and associated hardware along a costly Tohatsu remote box. A rear seat/locker with an extended tiller assy it's a much cheaper option for that 3.80 meter Sib. Remote steering down issues : won't see the motor peeing driving that far away, the wheel response it's extremely slow, tiller driving gives instant evasive maneuver if in need compared to...

Happy Boating

SoCalPescador

Seaman
As SR suggested.....That aft seat console sounds like a winner...storage, comfort, and you keep the great tiller steering!

Scott Danforth

Staff member
The OP hasnt been back since August 22.