115 Faststrike Fuel Issues

hemiman40

Cadet
Motor will idle, but put under load and bogs down and eventually shuts off. I have been having this problem for a while. Replaced fuel lines, plugs, and thermostats. Fuel pump seems to be working, can see it pulling fuel in sight glass on inside of cowling. When it dies, the bulb has no pressure. It is not sucked flat, just no pressure in it. Can prime bulb and crank up. My first thought was fuel pump, but after looking at the sight glass, I don't know. Also, it just started doing this but occassionally the no oil alarm and light will come on. shut motor down, will not do it for a while. Could it be a fuel pick up problem? Not sure about the no oil also, has plenty of oil in resevoir. If so, any tips on diagnosing? I have been trying to figure it out for a month, right about to start tournament season, I need it bad!! Thanks for any help!!

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 115 Faststrike Fuel Issues

Posting the yr and model number gets you prompt help here.;)

But have you tried pumping the fuel bulb as the throttle is opened, could very well be the pump. Kinda sounds that way.

The bulb isn't supposed to stay firm once its running, as long as its not sucked flat !:)