115 2001 Ficht problem

Knotiboy

Seaman
My motor has 800 hours on it.My problem started out as doing 3-4 miles per hour less at WOT than usual.Then after a few times useing her,as soon as I would put her in gear she would choke,would do this a few times then she'd be ok.Knowing I had a problem with it I decided to bring here at a Evinrude mecanic,meaning I had to bring to a boat ramp.When I cranked the motor to bring the boat at the ramp,she would die on me immediately.Finally after trying in vain I decided to use my ?lectric motor to bring at the boat ramp ,things were'nt lookin too good...
Today I called the mecanic ,he said that I had 45psi on cyllinder 1 and 125psi on the three others.He suggested that if I was to rehaul the cylinder that I should consider doing the others.
How true is this and is it worth while to rehaul the motor or to buy another one?

Thanks

Rolie

Recruit
Re: 115 2001 Ficht problem

You do not have to redo all cylinders at once. It is best to only overhaul the one with low compression. This leaves you the opportunity to overhaul the others should compression problems occur.

Knotiboy

Seaman

Mecanics tell me I should do all in case the other have the same problem.Th cost for this is $4500..As he was saying ,will i still have confidence in it.Are you suggesting to repair the one with low compression only by experience?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Your mechanic better find out the cause of the piston failure either before or after rebuilding.