'04 180br - bilge pump issues

Love2motorboat

Recruit
Hello all, I'm new to forums so bare with me. I have about 220hr on my 180 br (i/o). My bilge recently stopped working and never worked automatically since used purchase at 165hr. I'd like to perform the repair or replacement but it appears to be under the motor... what is the best way to make space to get under there? Do I remove the rear bench and associated structure or do I have to lift the motor? Or do you have other suggestions?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-141113_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-141113_Gallery.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
In all cases with a boat its gaining access. If your unable to remove things enough to get to it, would then need to remove motor or make a L type bracket out of flat stock aluminum. With flat stock, attach new pump to stock and slide in under motor and fasten the other end of the L bracket to motor stringers

Love2motorboat

Recruit
In all cases with a boat its gaining access. If your unable to remove things enough to get to it, would then need to remove motor or make a L type bracket out of flat stock aluminum. With flat stock, attach new pump to stock and slide in under motor and fasten the other end of the L bracket to motor stringers
All dodge, thanks kindly for that! I will give'r a whirl!