01 horizon 180 inquiry

mes4888

Recruit
Looking to see if anyone has any leads on where to get an OEM sun pad cover. Last year I tried my local dealer but they were no help saying they don’t make parts for older boats and just go to an upholstery shop, which I understand but all the shops by me are booked past Memorial Day.

Mine is whipped I tried the big sites with no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Sorry to say that may be the only way, unless you can find something from Great Lakes boat supply they sometimes have discontinued stuff. If I were you I might just patch it the best you can and get it done in the off season.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Having worked for an OEM upholstery shop, service jobs are scheduled for down time in winter and the price is usually 2x the cost of your local shop.

Talk to your local shop and see if they can fit you in if you pull the skin yourself and do the assembly yourself

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
as long as the base under it is in good shape, all you need is the foam and a staple gun. Not a hard job, I had to replace the bases on most of the seats on my boat and the big sunpad as well.

mes4888

Recruit
I am going to grab it from storage this week and I will get some pictures. Overall the vinyl is in good shape, however four winns added in a section of this greyish material that is failing an ripped at the seams.

I have no problem with the removal and reinstall, I look into a couple shops by me and see what they can do.

The front bucket seats have some mildew stains that wont come off, I ordered last year the vinly spray kit from SEM, i think it was from them. My parents used it on one of their old boats with great results, hoping the same for mine. Anyone use that stuff?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
vinyl manufactured prior to 2004 would last up to 15 years. then the oils in the material will have dried out and the vinyl will be brittle and/or the vinyl will be degraded from mold/mildew

vinyl manufactured post 2004 (when they removed the arsenic) will last about 7 years.

the boat is now 23 years old (model year 2024 boats come out in a few months). your vinyl is on borrowed time.

mes4888

Recruit
23 years young*

Appreciate the help/replies all.

On another note. Not sure if you guys are four winns guys, but I have a small LCD screen that lets me toggle through depth, engine hours, water temp, time, compass, trip. Its controlled by a momentary rocker switch and its on the fritz. Sometimes the switch will cycle through, some times no dice. Next to the "Cycle/select" toggle I have a "set" toggle which allows to reset the clock. As for the "Cycle" rocker I've never seen one, it has about 6 spades in the back and my local west marine was no help, any suggestions