01' 225 Ficht motor stalling

mnydvr

Seaman
motor is hard starting when cold,better when warm,stalls when going from forward to neutral into reverse,been told it may be a micro switch problem.Any fixes or info site to go to would be great,I don't have the manuel on this one ,thought I would stop here before I get one,thanks guys.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 01' 225 Ficht motor stalling

not many of us are familiar with the FICHT, some shops will not work on them, so if taking to a shop, call and make sure they work on them.

mnydvr

Seaman

there in lies the problem,its a ficht motor ,do you know of any sites that cover this junk,they are a nightmare but I guess I drew the short straw ,I know there is a switch related to the shift assy,similar to a TPS and if I'm not mistaken it can be positioned or adjusted,like that on an older johnson ?,I was just hoping for some specs.

jonesg

Admiral

try "ficht outboard owners message board" in google, it comes back with 1400 results.

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a Ficht, and in there lies the problem. Absolutely, one of the worst outboards ever made. You need to do a search to see what the forum guys say, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.
Nightstalker

mnydvr

Seaman

I went directly to evinrude,what a nightmare,this may actually involve gear case removal because of a lousey seal that is on the top of the shift shaft that goes bad and tightens around the shaft causing "drag " on the movement which in turn delays the interupter switch causing a stall condition!!,can you say "over engineered"? What a bi#^h ,when do I get an easy one?? yeah,yeah ......I know!:rolleyes: