2005 90 Horse Johnson 2 Stroke Fuel System Issues

2005 Blazer

Recruit
I have a 2005 90 Horse Johnson 2 Stroke with a Jet Drive. The issues I am having are 1. In order to keep the motor from cutting out and dieing i have to keep priming the bulb avery few moments at idle. At high RPM the motor will cut out unless the primer bulb is continually pumped. 2. The other issue is after it runs for a few moments the no oil alarm goes off but i am getting blue smoke out of the exhaust I have replaced the tank, lines, primer bulb and fuel filter. I am thinking fuel pump but am really not sure. Any ideas

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2005 90 Horse Johnson 2 Stroke Fuel System Issues

In pumping the fuel primer bulb, you are acting as a manual fuel pump. This indicates either a failing pump or a fuel/air leak at some point between the pump and the fuel supply.

2005 Blazer

Recruit

Joe thanks for the quick response. Any ideas on how to test the system components out

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

A fuel leak would be obvious.

Find the hose that leads from the fuel pump to the crankcase (pressure hose) and disconnect it. Crank the engine over to see what kind of pressure is emitted when the related piston makes its downward travel (should be a hellava blow).

If that pressure is okay and no leaks exist, either rebuild or replace the pump. Rebuild kits should be available.