leaky fuel line around the carb.

redlinj

Petty Officer 1st Class
The hoses were cracked and appeared that some were leaking. Decided to replace all the hoses on the 1976 200 hp Evinrude. Not the hardest task, but still time consuming since it has 3 carbs and numerous 3 way fittings. Replaced all the zip ties with hose clamps. Still leaks around some of the fittings. Hose was the same size, but I don't believe was marine grade. Had to push quite hard to get the hose in the fittings. Is it the hose or did I tighted things down too much. WHAT AN I MISSING HERE?

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: leaky fuel line around the carb.

The clamps are not needed, the zip ties do a fine job and keep you from over tightening. One or more of the 3
way fittings may have a crack. Also the "new hose" may not be the exact same inside diameter as the fittings and you may caused a leak while fixing a leak.
Go to your local dealer and just get new hose and fittings, install them and you should be good to go.

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: leaky fuel line around the carb.

if you used metal hose clamps that would be the case they make a plastic clamp that fits snug and pinches togather same as used on the water side just dont remember what there called