Restoring controls?

parrisw

Ensign
I have a 1984 115, and the control's don't look the greatest, they work fine, except for the fact that when I back off to idle the fast idle lever seems to come up on its own? What would cause that? Also is it a big deal to take the whole thing apart and clean and paint it?

mars bar

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Restoring controls?

I did it on a set of ESL controls on a 50 hp johnson, Just take your time and remember where everything is in place. Should be three screws on the back lay it down on it's face and carefully pry apart, note where everything is crean and replace.Good luck , not a big job maybe 1/2 hr.

parrisw

Ensign

I did it on a set of ESL controls on a 50 hp johnson, Just take your time and remember where everything is in place. Should be three screws on the back lay it down on it's face and carefully pry apart, note where everything is crean and replace.Good luck , not a big job maybe 1/2 hr.

cool, thanks.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Normally when your fast idle lever comes up your shift/throttle cables are out of adjustment on the mtr.

parrisw

Ensign

Normally when your fast idle lever comes up your shift/throttle cables are out of adjustment on the mtr.

ahh, ok. Whats the best way to get them in proper adjustment?