Scratched brand new boat

Chris3021

Recruit
Picked up new boat yesterday. Completely my fault was rushing at the dock. Ended up with these. Was told these weren’t that bad and will buff out. IMG_8798.jpegIMG_8797.jpeg

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer
they may be the first, but they will not be the last..... part of using public docks im afraid...... fenders help, but arent foolproof....

airshot

Rear Admiral
Similar to what I tell people that buy new cars....take it to a parking lot, then run a shopping cart into the door !!! Now ....that is over with, no more worries, go enjoy your new car !!!

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Now you won't be as upset when you get the next scratch.

flashback

Captain
I can't even see a scratch in the photo using my phone. If the scratch isn't too deep it will buff .

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
1xnaxs.jpg

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I bought a brand new boat in 1971 and as I was leaving the dealership, I stopped in their lot and checked several things ensuring that they were roadworthy. Some old man in a campered pickup backed into the boat and smashed a hole in the side of it. It took a couple of months for a local boat repair dealer to fix it but it was hard to tell that it was damaged.....initially........obviously I was thrilled!!!!!!!!!

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
Picked up new boat yesterday. Completely my fault was rushing at the dock. Ended up with these. Was told these weren’t that bad and will buff out. View attachment 395511View attachment 395512
2001, bought a brand new dodge ram 1500 with 27 miles on it, on the way home i stopped at a gas station to get gas, really proud of the new truck, taking every precaution, pulled up to the pump, got out and a gust of wind grabbed the door and slammed it into one of those yellow posts filled with concrete and put a BIG ding and scratch on the door. after that, didnt matter anymore, have put that biatch through hell. still have daisy to this day. 159.000 miles, 2 water pumps, 1 starter and runs like a rapped ape. yes it has the 360. my baby

roffey

Commander
To me, it does not look like a scratch. It looks more like a scuff. I bet a little bit of wax or a mild rubbing compound will take that out.

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Everything in boating is a Virgin only 1 time. No damage to the boat.
Relax and enjoy the rest of boating.
Or you can do community service for 2 weeks.