Lower unit shift rod wont screw back in

jitterbug127

Chief Petty Officer
as they say on Ramsey. Some say the advice is worth what you paid for it...

That's not the case here.

Last edited:

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
And just for everyone out there, Racerone is trying to teach you how to fix motors so he gives you clues on proper procedures. The old saying give a man a fish he eats.....(Get it)

So by teaching you how to fish (research, work on, make good choices) you can learn the right way and hopefully a newer generation can learn how important it is.

So before you write something coming from a limited mine set, think about what you've just written or pause before hitting the "send" button. I too was baffled by his words of wisdom and even though I couldn't see past my nose on most of his clues he let me off the hook and I got what I needed.

It was after that that the light bulb in my head lit up....it was a Racerone lamp.

Race, sorry buddy your secrete is out and I just couldn't hold it in anymore....you humble sob!

Matt

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
pivot bolt must be installed to secured properly.

otherwise all I am saying is par t#12 may be tilted a bit preventing the line up of the shift rod .

try tilting the LU the one way or the other to cause the part 12 to tilt and line up with the shift rod passage.

a piece of straight common galvanized fence wire may allow to feel the #12 when it lines up ... remove it.... hold steady ......while trying to insert the shift rod down to match with the threads in part #12