Sea Water Pump Cover - Question

DHutch

Cadet
Hello IBoats Members

Question regarding the Sea Water Pump Cover on my 350 Mag Ski 1995 engine.
I'm trying to source a new O-Ring seal for the cover.
Is this available either through Mercury Quicksilver or Sierra Marine?
What is the part number?

I noticed last season a slight water leak from the bottom of my Sea Water pump while running - just a few drops per minute. Barely noticeable and certainly doesn't accumulate enough to turn on the bilge pump.

Last fall I removed the entire Pump. Just recently got around to inspecting. The impeller is perfect, wear plate is good. I figure just a new O-Ring replacement on the bottom of the plastic cover maybe required.
Or any other suggestions / recommendations?

Can I order just this O-Ring?

Thx
Hutch

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Hello IBoats Members

Question regarding the Sea Water Pump Cover on my 350 Mag Ski 1995 engine.
I'm trying to source a new O-Ring seal for the cover.
Is this available either through Mercury Quicksilver or Sierra Marine?
What is the part number?

I noticed last season a slight water leak from the bottom of my Sea Water pump while running - just a few drops per minute. Barely noticeable and certainly doesn't accumulate enough to turn on the bilge pump.

Last fall I removed the entire Pump. Just recently got around to inspecting. The impeller is perfect, wear plate is good. I figure just a new O-Ring replacement on the bottom of the plastic cover maybe required.
Or any other suggestions / recommendations?

Can I order just this O-Ring?

Thx
Hutch
Best to search on this site by serial number but I think 13 is waht u are looking for

bbook83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would suggest a careful examination of the plastic body for cracks and also confirm that you did not have a leak at either the in or out hose. Sometimes the impeller is perfect till it is not. My experience with that pump on the same engine has been to change the impeller every 100 hours.

DHutch

Cadet
I would suggest a careful examination of the plastic body for cracks and also confirm that you did not have a leak at either the in or out hose. Sometimes the impeller is perfect till it is not. My experience with that pump on the same engine has been to change the impeller every 100 hours.
Thanks for the feedback Scott06 & bbook83.

I have inspected the housing for cracks - its good. Also last season I thoroughly inspected all hose connections & trans oil cooler. Everything was tight & dry. The water I saw dripping was definitely at the bottom of the pump cover - leaking between the cover & wear plate.