No Power No Start

CrabGuy62

Cadet
2005 Yamaha 25hp MDL# T25LRD Motor won't tilt up or down from controls or engine. Battery(2021) is fully charged. Turn the key to start and nothing. Does any with what's going on with this issue? Thanks for any assistance/advise

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Brake out a voltmeter and start tracing voltages. Does anything power up? Did this problem start on it's own or was there any work performed on the boat recently?

CrabGuy62

Cadet
Brake out a voltmeter and start tracing voltages. Does anything power up? Did this problem start on it's own or was there any work performed on the boat recently?
Only other thing that powers up is the fish finder that has separate wiring to the same battery that starts the motor. All those connections were tighten down when I tested several times. This is a new issue with this motor, I have had this motor for over 12 years and it always started on 1-2 clicks of the key

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
You either have voltage to the fuse or you don't.

You either have voltage across the fuse or you don't.

As seen in the diagram, the fuse powers both of the trim switches and the starter motor relay.

CrabGuy62

Cadet
You either have voltage to the fuse or you don't.

You either have voltage across the fuse or you don't.

As seen in the diagram, the fuse powers both of the trim switches and the starter motor relay.
Boscoe99 you make sense thanks. I will work on this issue this weekend and let you informative boat people know the outcome

CrabGuy62

Cadet
Boscoe99 you nailed it with the blown fuse! Replaced it with a new 20amp-32V fuse which the Boat Shop person didn't charge me and started up in 2 cranks. Thanks 😊

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. Great news…but 99 times out 100…that fuse will blow after a significant event has caused it to. Just a thought.