1993 Evinrude 150 no spark

RobDawg

Cadet
1993 Evinrude 150hp E150EXTEG no spark. I replaced the powerhead due to a downed cylinder. I did have a no spark prior to replacing the powerhead. I've replaced my ignition switch and kill switch. I have also put in a new battery, spark plugs, plug wires and power pack. I'm running out of money and ideas lol and help would be appreciated

RobDawg

Cadet
1993 Evinrude 150hp E150EXTEG no spark. I replaced the powerhead due to a downed cylinder. I did have a no spark prior to replacing the powerhead. I've replaced my ignition switch and kill switch. I have also put in a new battery, spark plugs, plug wires and power pack. I'm running out of money and ideas lol and help would be appreciated

alldodge

Staff member
Welcome

Don't start a new thread because someone has not responded, sometime it takes a while for folks to notice. Hang in there someone should come along. Can also repost question to the same thread to get it back on top

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Tether switch connected? If you had spark why replace all those parts.

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
you will find there is a simple procedure to test the stator charge coils and sensor. did you replace the sensor with the new (presumably blue CDI) pack? I dont think the factory sensor works very well with the digital CDI pack.

RobDawg

Cadet
my apologies for doing duplicate post i didn't see my post had been moved. After charging my battery over night i finally got her to start! Weak battery!

RobDawg

Cadet
you will find there is a simple procedure to test the stator charge coils and sensor. did you replace the sensor with the new (presumably blue CDI) pack? I dont think the factory sensor works very well with the digital CDI pack.
I didn't...you think i should?