FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
OK guys,
I still don't have a clue what year my 20 HP Merc is because the plate is missing. Now I need to know what oil mix I should use. I would assume 50-1 but you know what assume stands for. In this case "screw up your motor".
It is electronic ign. and thats about all I know.
Thanks for...
Is there any place on a 20HP Merc. that will have the SN besides the ID plate on the transom clamp? It seems someone needed to remove it for some reason. Glad I bought it for junk.
Thanks
I have a 1979 johnson 9.9 and am concerned about the oil ratio. I've had this motor for years but just started using it regular last summer. I have no idea how the previous owner was mixing the gas/oil but I have been mixing 100/1 as recommended.
Now I understand that the 100/1 may not be good...
I have a 1979 55hp rude model 55975c and would like to put a 1973 50hp 50373r power head on it. I know the shafts have a different part #'s but does that really matter? Otherwise I think they will interchange.
Thanks, :confused: