FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
That’s what I’ve gathered. First boat I’ve had with a carb and I don’t care much for it. First I didn’t realize they were different sizes and put the enrichment jet in the other and it had me stumped lol
I think I got it straightened out thanks. So just so I understand, the enrichment is only used during cold start and the 2 main jets supply fuel on the regular?
I didn’t realize there were different size jets when I broke my carb down for rebuild. The 2 barrel mercarb TKS goes on a 5.0 Mercruiser. Does anyone know which ones goes where?
I wouldn’t say 10’ spray but definitely getting a bit less. I’m losing quite a bit of water around the seal on muffs. Seems like they used to fit tighter…
Saw what looked like water in carb so I took the separator out emptied it and refilled with good fuel. No problem however it did overheat. I was revving it up a bit do you think that the muffs aren’t meant to be used in this matter? It has a new impeller and thermostat
Once I pulled the fuel line off I noticed something inside it and pulled this out. The guy at ORieleys said it looks like a fuel line inside a fuel line