FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a 17foot formula with a Merc 1971 135 on the back. It has taken me about a year to get it into operating condition. I replaced the lower unit because of some stripped out gears. Pulled all carbs and rebuilt. I finally got it into the water this past weekend, but it would die...
I bought a project boat\motor a couple months ago, and I have never worked on boat motors before in my life, but am enjoying the challenge. I have a 1971 Mercury 135hp Outboard.
This will be my 3rd water test and I want it to run like a champ. I have the motor running what I think...
I have a early 70's Mercury 1350. Everything runs wonderfully idles fine, but I checked my voltage on the battery during idle and it is reading 35-50V DC. I changed the rectifier because I thought it was faulty, but it is still doing the same thing. There isn't a regulator on this and I am...