FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1987 35hp Merc. It's been sitting for 2 summers. When I fired it up, the pee hole tube just had a little steam blowing out. If it's blowing steam that "should" mean that the pump is working correct? It just needs a new impeller? Also, the serial number is 0B205958, does this motor have...
I have a 15hp Chrysler Outboard. I want to change the oil in the lower unit, but i cant find an oil pump fitting that will fit my engine. I was wondering if you HAVE to use the pump or can you just drain it, put the bottom screw in and just fill it from the top screw hole till it starts pouring...
I just bought a 76 15HP Chrysler that fires right up and runs like a top until I ease off the choke. As long as I keep it at half choke it will run fine, but when I take it off choke it acts like it dont get any gas and dies. The plugs look a little dirty and I'm gonna get some more tomorrow...
I have a 1972 6hp Johnson that I bought a while back. It fires right up on the second pull on full choke and after a few seconds of running I ease it to half-choke and it idles up and runs like a champ, but as soon as I take it off choke all the way it dies out. I've rebuilt the fuel pump...