FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks a ton on the advice. I checked the tach setting and it was incorrect. Set to the 3.0MPI not the 3.0TKS that is in the boat. RPMs look good at idle and revving up to 4k not touching WOT on the trailer. Now I need to get her back in The water for an accurate read at WOT for new prop...
Thanks! I'll definitely look into the tachometer. I have been considering a four blade in a 17 pitch. I don't have a test tach though. I'll have to see if I can find one.
I recently purchased a 2014 Baliner 185. It has the 3.0 inline 4 cylinder with Alpha one stearndrive. I believe it is very overpropped with a Solas Amita3 15.3x19. I am only reaching 2300 WOT at 35 mph. the manual recommends 4300-4800 rpm at WOT. I also use the boat for wakeboarding and tubing...