FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
You did an excellent write up! I have the DP-SM drive but I believe it’s similar to your setup based on your pictures. Still searching to confirm the part number.
Hey all, I just pulled out of the lake to find I’ve sprung a pin hole leak in one of my hydraulic lines for my trim. I have a 2001 Crownline 225br with the 5.7GXI and VP out drive. Can I replace this hose without removing the lower unit? What’s an average shop cost for this repair?
I believe I finally found the part number. It appears to be 3855194 for the GXI-B. The majority of the other 5.7s take the 3843750, but not the B. Local Napa store has it for $125 and it looks identical, which is more than the 3843750 had.
Mine has the GXI-B which for some reason is excluded from many of the common IACs, including the one I purchased. (Just figured that out). Perhaps it could still work, but it isn’t on the list of compatible engines.
Hello! My 2001 Crownline with 5.7 GXI fuel injected recently began having a slightly elevated idle after warm up. It’s intermittent and usually returns to normal idle after cycling off for a bit while we swim. I’m trying to replace the IAC but am having an awful time finding the GM replacement...