FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1977 short electric start and a 1968 electric start long shaft i want to make the 1977 a long shaft will the partsfrom the 68 work? Any or all of them? Or what years and hp range will work any help would be appreciated
I just got a1975 9.9 with a 15 hp carb runs pretty good wide open and accelerating but stalls at idel and when you give it a lil throttle to keep it ideling its shacking and running rough. Some one mentioned a few years back about plate under fly wheel having movement. Mine does any one know...
I have a 1978 mercury 200 and the rod for the tilt lock broke. I have the new rod and clip I just need to figure out how to get the rod in place. Can some one tell me what I need to do to get it replaced I've looked and looked and pretty sure it's going to be a big project but was hoping some...
I have a electric start remote controlled 9.9 and want to put a tiller on it need the complete handle and all the parts so I can put it on and run it any one have one or know what years will fit? Does it have a cable that goes to carb or is it a linkage? Not sure if this is the right place to...
Can some one give me the proper procedure for adjusting the carb on this ? The local guy is busy and seems to think its carb not timing or electrical please some body help
Just got this 78 merc 200 was runnin great then after I hooked up remote controls it started messing up took off remote still messing up. It kicks back trying to start some times and at low speeds or idel just shakes and quits with a bang or like something got jammed in it after some looking it...