FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Powerhead replaced on a '75 50 hp Johnson (50ESL75B). The first ran for three seconds and blew up after sitting for four or more years. It was stuck when I got it, but we had it turning well (aside from some harsh stops) when I put the plugs in it.
New powerhead is claimed to have run last...
Good Day All:
Thanks for your help.
I'm swapping a 1971 50 hp powerhead to a 1975 50 hp engine (50ESL75B). The 1971 is about .050" too wide at the O-ring boss to fit between the steering arms. I plan to file or grind the O-ring at its outermost edge just enough so it'll pass through, but not...
Good Day All:
I've searched and was unable to find a thread on this topic.
I have a 1975 Johnson 50ESL75B that I'm doing a powerhead swap on. There's what appears to me as an exhaust manifold between the lower unit and the powerhead. I thought that's where the powerhead would separate, so...
Good Day All:
I'm new to boating and have found a tremendous resource here with all your expertise and am grateful to each who volunteers their time. But I found it a little too late.
I bought a $500 roadside special: 1975 Glastron tri-hull with an incredibly-clean 50 horsepower Johnson...