FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just boat a J16 Carolina Skiff with a 25hp Suzuki Tiller motor. The dealer who sold me my boat said that the prop size that came with the motor can sometimes over rev the engine if there is not enough weight in the boat and that I might have to re-prop the motor to get better results. Well, I...
Looking at a 1436 alumacraft jon boat package that comes with a 9.9 hp suzuki.
My question is the 9.9 hp enough to get me up on plane? How fast? The boat is rated for 15hp.
Just looking for any real world experience with a 14' jon boat and motor combos that did well.
Thanks!
My father in Law has a 95 (i think) polaris PWC and it is not starting. He already replaced the engine and carb. It ran fine last weekend for about 4 outings, and the 5th time out wouldnt start. its getting fuel, starter is doing its job, the engine gets moving when you hit the start button...
Looking to by a 1655 DLX CS with a tiller to save a lot of money. Looks like I will prolly get a 25 hp. I have Suzuki, Yamaha, and Mercury to choose from...all with different prices. I can get a 2 stroke or 4 stroke in the Yammi and Mercury, but can only get 4 strk in the Suzuki.
What should...