FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am writing this for a buddy as he is not Internet savy. He has a 1987 Thompson runabout. It has a 4 cylinder 2.5L iron duke in it. A merchant alpha 1 gen 1 120. He put a new prop on it a 13.5 x 17 prop the motor will rev but the boat will not get on plane. It just plows through the water. We...
I would like to add shore power to my boat. I have trailered it for the past 2 years. It's not a big boat only a 24' er. But I am thinking about putting it in at a local yacht club. I would like to add shore power to run a battery charger, and maybe a carry on ac unit at times. I guess my...
Ok, I am green to this boating stuff. But I bought one a year ago and it's bean running pretty good. I was wondering where I can find some info out about the outdrive. Here's the Paul Harvey on the motor and out drive.... it is/was a 95 merc 5.0 305 (of358602). That motor let loose. I dropped in...
I hit something with my prop (14.5x19p) I tried a buddies 14x23P and it cavatated. I got myself a 14.25x21p prob and now she will only wind out to 3700 rps's and top end is 37mph I am green to boating and honestly have no clue what i am doing any help would be appreciated. should I try a 18p? go...
I want to add a 2nd batt to my boat. Do I absolutely need a perco or other batt switch? Also if I do install a batt switch how do I connect a charger/maintainer? Also has anyone used one of them solar chargers? As it is anyone out 250$ cheaper for a slip with out power.
I am looking to replace my current hummingbird gps fish finder. the transducer is all *** with my current one and I would like a color screen. I would like to keep it around 500$. any insight as to go with Lowrance, hummingbird, Garmin.
I have a 96 350 with a mercarb 2 barrel. The issue is when i run at WOT I can only run for 7-12 minutes before it starts loosing power. If I drop down to 2300-2500 rpms for a few minutes I can go WOT again. I rebuilt the carb and thinking I had a float or pump issue but that did not solve the...
Thank you to all those who have replied and helped my get my boat up and running. I have to topics about what i though may have been a carburation or ignition problem. Turns out it was neither of them. He is the short version of it. I re-powered my boat and went from a 302 to a 350. The dam...
I repowered my boat after I bought a lemon. It had a 305 5.0L merc. I put in a 350 5.7L long block. used old distributor, intake, and carb. The old 305 ran good except for the lower end. I figured the extra few cubs would be ok. Plus I think the 350 is a superrior engine. Well I can not get the...
I repowered my boat and went from a 5.0L (305) to a 5.7L (350) I had a timming issue so I thought but turns out to be a carb issue. I only have a 2 barrel on her and it just is not enough for the new engine. I procured a Quadrajet (Rochester) from my uncles boat he had sitting out behind his...
I recently bought a 95 citation with a 305 mercruiser in it. thought I got a good price on it. Well......I bought a lemon. the lower end of the motor was gone. I swapped out the 305 for a 350. For the life of me I can not get the dam thing timed. when I throw a light on it, it is advanced about...