FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 2006 Merc 115HP 4 stroke had a lot of water in the motor oil when I drained it today. It has been running just fine. How could this be? How bad a problem am I looking at?
I have a 1997 9.9 horse (232cc) 4 stroke outboard. S/N OH009833. I need a replacement cylinder head (not powerhead). The Mercury part number is 825720A1 (obsolete and unavailable) or I can use a Yamaha part number 6G8-11111-03-94. Anybody out there have a lead on something like this? I...
Anybody have any idea where to get a replacement oil drain plug for a Merc 9.9 4 stroke, year is 1997, s/n is OH009833. The drain plug part number, as near as I can tell is 12-825769-1. There is also something called a damper listed, p/n 825768. The one that was in the engine has come apart...