FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1973 Merc 200 20hp serial number 3673295 . It has the type ignition that has the box that bolts just ahead of the starter , two coils just above the spark plugs , stator & trigger ( non points system ) . The other day we were motoring up river , keep in mind this motor has always...
I have a 1973 Merc 9.8 110 I need a new condensor serial # 3451716 . Every where I look I see " discontinued " for a new one . Can I just put your run of the mill auto parst store condensor in its place ? Any one got any pointers ?
I had to replace my module on my 73 merc. 9.8 . I took it off about a month ago . I just now got my new one . I have two studs on top . I can not remember what goes where on those two studs . I have two coil wires , a condensor wire , stop switch wire . I know the coil wires & condensor wire...
I have a 1972 merc 110 9.8 hp Serial # 3451716 . Can soemone tell me how to bench test the coils on this engine ? I also need to know the correct procedure to test the red ignition module under the flywheel . Any help would be appericated .
I just bought a 9.8 110 to restore serial # 3451716 . I am having firing issues. Does anyone have a picture or the wring harness for this engine ? Also is there a way to test the red module that the high & low speed coils hook to ? Also is there a way to test the high & low speed coils ...
I have a 1972 Merc 110 9.8 . I am having firing issues , soemone please help !
The following is the problems I am having . I have the motor mounted in a barrel. When I crank the motor over by pull of rope the top coil & top cylinder will fire. The bottom cylinder powerd by coil on side will...