FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I see a lot of Threads about hard steering in all sorts of boats, and most of the solutions are something to look at as a cause, but I have not seen the relationship of the amount of turns lock to lock discussed as a possible solution to the problem. Many times the amount of steering effort is...
Have any of you ever gone from the Teleflex Cable Steering to their Hydraulic Steering? If you did, why did you make the change?
I have a 2005 Starcraft 246 Elite with a Merc. Bigfoot 60 and I feel it steers hard. It will not pull to either left or right , but it might be a little harder to...
I have a 2005 246 Starcraft Elite Pontoon boat with a 2005 60HP Merc. BigFoot engine. Boat and Motor only have about 30 hours on them.
The boat just seems hard to steer at higher RPM's. I have adjusted the Torque Fin on the Cavitation Plate so the engine will not pull either way. At lower...