FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1989 Mercruiser 4.3 Alpha one gen1 leg.
The controller is the old style that has a push button to get neutral. See pic below.
The control cables are fine but the controller is loose and worn out.
I have found a NOS MERCURY, QUICKSILVER commander 2000 controller. as picture below...
I have a 1989 mercruiser v6 with a alpha one gen1 leg. 2 barrel carb.
I am thinking of upgrading my controller to a MPC 4000 gen 2 part no 883710 A03.
Will this fit with my existing cables. And is the push pull correct.
I have a 19ft Larson with a 4.3 mercruiser.
The current prop is a 18p aluminum 4 blade.
It revs out to 4700 at about 39 mph.
I very rarely hold it pinned at 4700. Most of my work is done around 3000rpm. About 25mph.
I would like to get more speed at 3000rpm.
I am considering getting a 21p...
I want to build the ultimate 4.3 Mercruiser.
Please give me advice this is what i have come up with so far.
Vortec heads with roller rockers.
Non balance shaft block. ( I have heard on the internet that the non balance shaft block is better for performance. Can anyone tell me why?
Edelbrock...
I am hooking up a dual battery system with a 4 way switch 1/2/1+2/off.
Do I have to connect up the field switch with my motor?
If I dont will it be safe to switch batterys when the engine is running?
My motor is a MCM 175 1989 mercruiser 4.3
My alternator has 3 wires comming out of it.
Hello need a bit of help
I have a 1989 model 4.3 mercruiser it had steel exhaust manifolds with one hose entering the bottom of the manifold and another hose entering the riser/elbow.
I have bought some nice new shiny stainless steel manifolds, but these only have one water inlet at the...