FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
G'day guys, tilt motor has been having issues recently so I thought its time to have a crack at pulling it apart and giving it a good clean out. Glad I did as there was that much gunk in it!!
Wel now she's all polished up and spotless and ready to go back together..... Only prob is that when I...
Re: Mercury 115hp 1979 Tilt issues
Not great photo's but best I could do without taking it entirely out of boat at this stage. Cleaned all connections last time it did it and tested with multimeter and all seem fine. Will do again just to be sure.
Hi guys, thought I'd finally join up instead of lurking in the shadows and request some advice.
I have a 1979 Merc 115 with tilt. Been having tilt issues for quite some time, if boat sits for a week or so and tilt isn't used then next time I try the tilt will just click and nothing. A few taps...