FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I took my boat out it had a lack of power. I could get it up to 10 to 15 mph but it would not get up on plane. I opened the throttle all the way with no power. I got a backfire through the carb a lot of swishing water but never got it over the top. zrpms did not increase as I opened the...
Well it is time to replace the manifolds. My dilemma is the last time i had manifolds replaced the engine needed to come out to do it as all the bolts were shot. looked at the bolts and looks like i got 14 out of 16 bolts with a good head but 2 are corroded. any suggestions? I know heating them...
I was told I needed a new distributor by the Marina as the old one was rusted and would not advance. What can I use to replace this with to be inexpensive and get rid of the breaker points? Or is there a way to rebuild the current one? Can I use an automotive replacement?
Oh I do not know...
well I just paid the mechanic to rebuild my jet pump. We put it in the water and found out the back cylinder was leaking. prior to this we ran it and it was fine but not in the water. Compression was good and even in both cylinders.Any idea if this could be a head gasket?Would I still have good...