FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1984 70hp Evinrude 3cyl.
History - About a month ago I completed an overhaul of the powerhead and to my amazement, the 25yr old motor came to life on the first crank and idled like it was brand new. Unfortunately, when I put it in the water, the performance was poor as the engine would not...
I finally had the opportunity to put my 1984 70 HP Evinrude in the water this weekend after my rebuild and water pump change. It fired right up and I let it idle for 1 hour with no problems on the "double-oil" recommendation for break-in.
During the test drive, the motor had just a small...
I just completed a power head rebuild on a 70hp Evinrude which threw a rod cap. My manual doesn't cover the recommedations for a break-in period, i.e. oil/gas mixture and time frame at specified rpm's. I have some information on the net concerning these items, but I could sure use an expert...