FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Engine: 2001 Johnson 90hp 2 stroke.
Original problem: Engine had sat for 3 years, got it running, but constantly died when trying to throttle up without revving it first or warming up for 5 minutes every time I started the engine, even while still warm.
Rebuilt the carbs last week. Still...
I changed my gear oil last night. Unscrewed bottom plug, then unscrewed top plug to get full flow. I put the hand pump for the oil in the bottom drain and filled and purged until I saw no more black coming out the top, only blue. (using Mercury high performance) I then put the top plug back...
Does anyone know where a Johnson OEM repair/service manual for a 2001 90hp can be found? I've found the Seloc and the Clymer, but they cover so many years and from what I've heard, are not very engine specific. I cannot for the life of me seem to locate one.
Thanks,
Tim