FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an issue where the motor runs a little rough on idle, but at higher rpms/throttle it runs fine. It also smokes a lot. Also, I see slight oil bleed from the carb main jet gaskets and drain screw gaskets. This makes me wonder if I have a crank case check valve issue.
The motor sometimes...
I have a curious issue that I'm not even sure is an issue. This is my first motor.
My Yamaha Pro V cold starts fine. I do the standard start procedure, sometimes it needs two cranks. When the engine is warm, when I turn it off, wait a little bit, maybe a minute, then turn the key, it starts...
This is probably a stupid question. I have a 1987 2 stroke Yamaha Pro V 150. I recently had to adjust the timing within spec to fix what the previous owner did. It seems to idle better, but I notice that when I turn the key to start it up, the revs jump up really quick, before quickly settling...