FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Need some help identifying my flywheel. On a 1984 mercuiser 350ci I/O. Books seem to indicate two different flywheels, a 14in and a 12 1/2 in.
Question is is there a way to tell which I have without pulling the engine? IE can I roll it over and count the teeth? anyone know the teeth count...
I have a 1984 mercruiser GM 5.7 liter. Not sure what drive. the problem is broken teeth on the flywheel and they are tearing up starter gear teeth. question is what is the best way to remove the flywheel for replacement? Does the engine have to come out? On that model is it one piece flywheel or...