FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
A couple months ago my 1989 70HP Yamaha would not go down once in a while, I would click it a few times and it finally would go down, Up worked ok and continues to work fine. Now, the Down won't go down at all. Yesterday, I "could" hear the motor trying but still no luck. I tried it over and...
Every day it's something...
My 1989 70HP Yamaha ETLF...changed plugs yesterday and ran like a champ yesterday and most of today. Towards the end of today heard a "clicking" sound, almost like when you reverse pedal on a 10 speed bike, tick tick tick tick. If I increased the RPM it got louder...
My 1989 Yamaha 70 ETLF, the "UP" on the tilt/trim works fine every time. However, 1 out of every 25 times it won't come back DOWN. I have to click the tilt/trim on throttle and on motor a bunch of times and then it will work. Yesterday I trimmed up to go to a sand bar and it would not go back...
My 1989 Yamaha 70HP ETLF just started bogging down momentarily at low rpm. When I enter a "no wake" section and back of the throttle/power it is fine for about a 100 yards (a few minutes) then it just sounds like it gets no gas, it doesn't misfire or have any other obvious motor issue when it...